April 3, 2020
Authored by: BCLP, Robert Boone, Sarah Burwick, Ashlee Difuntorum, Jennifer Jackson, Merrit Jones and Brandon Neuschafer
2019 was another active year for new regulatory activity and litigation targeting the food, beverage, and supplement industries.
In this roundup, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP presents a collection of regulatory developments, key court decisions, and notable settlements that were reached in 2019 and early 2020.
The highlights of this 2019 roundup include:
- New federal legislation governing food labeling.
- New regulations and a burst of litigation regarding CBD-based products.
- An update on slack fill litigation.
- Notable rulings, trials, and settlements.
- Prop 65 and food safety update.
- A preview of areas to watch in 2020.
We will continue our commitment to monitoring and analyzing industry trends in these areas and advising clients on legal and regulatory developments.